Public Policy Specialist
Who are we?
AvantStay delivers world class, authentic, tech-enabled short-term rental (“STR”) group experiences targeted at the millennial generation. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry. We deliver a customized end-to-end experience that is tailored just for groups and powered with technology at every layer.
What we are looking for…
A Public Policy Specialist who will efficiently manage compliance and regulation, whilst actively identifying opportunities for growth posed by the complex short-term rental regulatory environment. We are looking for a policy specialist who can build trust with local authorities and key stakeholders; apply their expertise to stay ahead of the curve of a consistently evolving landscape; think creatively about problems and solutions; and is passionate about travel, real estate, and the collaborative economy.
What you’ll do…
- Support in developing and executing the company's public policy strategy, concentrating mainly on monitoring and influencing short-term rental regulations across markets (local level)
- Develop local (focused regions) stakeholder engagement strategy and partnership programs.
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters and advise the company with respect to policy challenges.
- Initiate and lead pilot partnerships projects with local authorities to promote brand and tackle regulatory issues.
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with an extensive network of contacts in local government, planning departments, regional tourism, commerce departments, land use attorneys, real estate developers, as well as with KOLs, allied groups and coalition
- Engage in research, writing and other activities to provide analysis and critical thinking on developments affecting the development of collaborative economy.
What you’ll bring…
- 3-5+ years experience working with public policy. Knowledge of land use, zoning, planning and/or short-term rental regulation strongly preferred.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking, research, and analysis; strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated and thoughtful business judgment, strategic thinking, and ability to work well under pressure
- Exceptional presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Clear facility with novel and highly abstract ideas; Ability to formulate responses quickly and accurately
- Ability to work independently – but also as part of a team
- A sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment
- Degree or advanced degree level in related field.
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Always...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.